This is the day the "Tomadoes" blew into town (Rilynn calls them that). I woke up to a text from the Weather Channel saying there was a Severe Thunderstorm Warning. Next came the Tornado Watch. The final text was for a Tornado Warning. We gathered up the girls, the boys were at school, and went around to our crawl space. We had one confirmed tornado in the county.
This picture was taken from the crawl space as the front passed.
This was right before we went into the crawl space.
Darcey had more fun than Mom and Rilynn, for a while anyways. Brydie was smart enough to bring some children's books down to read by flashlight.
5 comments:
We were outside looking for it! I told them when they heard something that sounded like a freight train, then run to the bathtub! There's no way we're going to our crawl space.
I can remember a couple of times going with Heidi and the girls to their storage room in the other house. Quite an adventure! It looks as if you should have a lantern and a few other things in a chest under there. It would make things more bearable.
Just turn off the news. It's amazing how many times my mother from AZ has called me to see if we are ok. I just go to the window and say "why are we having weather?"
Hi! Grandma Hatch just gave me your blog address. Your house looks beautiful and the scenery is gorgeous. We miss you guys!
Renee and Bart
Here is breanne's blog if you would like to check it out.
505garcias.blogspot.com
lol. And my mom gave me your blog address. :) I love your house/yard. I would love to live on 7 acres :)
Post a Comment