Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Digging Trenches


We decided to bring the water and power from our house down to the bottom of our pasture. The fun part was learning how to operate a backhoe. Though I grew up on a farm and used a lot of different pieces of equipment, I had yet to use the dreaded backhoe. It took some time to get a good control touch but after some time man and machine bonded.
If this picture were in focus, I would be able to tell you who was responsible for refilling about 30 feet of trench while I was away. Since the photo is blurry, I'll never know.
All being said and done, we dug about 700 feet of trench. We now have water and electricity to the garden, orchard, and the area we want to have animals in. It is great to not need fill those two barrels with water every other week to water the fruit trees.

1 comment:

stan.deidra@gmail.com said...

Good Job! We know about trenches!